Saturday, January 23, 2010
Wanna see a preview of the new graphic novel version of Twilight? EW.com has the front cover (see right) and a look at one page from the book, which features the scene where Edward and Bella have to share a microscope. "It's prophase" says Edward. Click here to see the EW page. Artist Young Kim has made a faithful adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's book.
This week's issue of Entertainment Weekly will reveal a full ten pages from the graphic novel, which is to be published on March 16.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
According to MTV:
Jean, a native of Haiti, George Clooney and CNN's Anderson Cooper will appear on the show, which will be broadcast from New York, London, Los Angeles and Haiti and feature more than 100 of the biggest names in film, television and music providing testimonials and answering phones. The two-hour program will air commercial-free across ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BET, the CW, HBO, MTV, VH1 and CMT on Friday at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The special will also air on PBS, TNT, Showtime, Comedy Central, Bravo, E! Entertainment Network, National Geographic Channel, Oxygen, G4, Centric, Current TV, Fuse, MLB Network, Epix, Palladia, SoapNet, Style, Discovery Health and Planet Green, as well as Canada's CTV, CBC Television, Global Television and MuchMusic. It will also air internationally on BET International, CNN International, National Geographic and MTV Networks International, available in 640 million homes worldwide. "Hope for Haiti" will be the first U.S.-based telethon airing on MTV in China. Facebook and Twitter are the official social media partners who will help to drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.
Apparently, George Clooney put the word out that he was hoping Pattinson would lend his Twilight Saga celebrity to raise money for the people of Haiti when he reached out to the Hollywood community for help in this worthy cause. Pattinson is the sole presenter from the London part, with a musical performance that features a collaboration between U2's Bono and The Edge with Jay-Z and Rihanna. The entire show will feature celebrity performers in the hundreds, including Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Anna Kendrick, Zac Efron, Bradley Cooper, Chris Pine, Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Colin Farrell, Gabby Sidibe and Emily Blunt, among others.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
This is it! This week, Vampire Diaries returns to it's Thursday night time slot at 8:00 pm with new episodes. According to an article in the Los Angeles Times, here's a rundown of some things to come before the season ends...
- When we left things in the fall, Elena (Nina Dobrev) took off her vervain necklace, which protects her from Damon’s mind control. So what does this mean for Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena?
“Now that the necklace is off, she’s very vulnerable,” said executive producer Kevin Williamson. “They will have some alone time. There’s no Stefan, so we’re going to explore what their relationship is like without him.”
But if you're secretly hoping for a Damon and Elena romance, too bad. It's not likely anytime soon. Damon will lock lips with Nina Dobrev ... but she’ll be portraying Katherine.
- Still think there’s a chance Vicki (Kayla Ewell) might rise from the dead? … well, there’s a better chance that vampires actually exist. Vicki is gone for good -- something both Matt and Jeremy will grapple with. Jeremy (Steven McQueen) will struggle as he figures out the details surrounding her murder.
- If the close-knit bond between Damon and Stefan (Paul Wesley) highlighted in “Lost Girls” made you long for more brotherly love … you’ll get your wish. The betrayal aspect of their relationship is explored -- “There’s a certain level of trust that has been lost between these two brothers,” Williamson said. ”As the season progresses, their ‘flip-flop’ dynamic will be put to the test and Damon will finally have to "step up and act like a big brother.”
- And Elena and Bonnie’s relationship will be "tested” now that Bonnie (Katerina Graham) is aware that Damon and Stefan are vampires. Will Bonnie be “down with [vampires] or is she going to have a problem with it?”
Friday, January 15, 2010
FINALLY! WE HAVE A DATE! A date with Edward Cullen and Jacob Black, that is. The announcement was made today that the DVD for New Moon will be released on March 20. Pre-sale begins on January 26.
According to MTV news, the two-disc DVD ($32.99) and Blu-Ray ($34.99) versions will be packed with extras:
Along with the fantastic film, fans can expect a six-part, behind-the-scenes documentary chronicling the creation of the film, rehearsal footage from Muse, three music videos from Death Cab for Cutie, Anya Marina and Mute Math, as well as audio commentary by director Chris Weitz and editor Peter Lambert, and more!
Let's hope to see some deleted scenes and other footage of our favorite characters on the special features disc!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Friday, January 1, 2010
1. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse trailer
2. The Twilight Saga: New Moon DVD and deleted scenes/commentary
3. Remember Me, Valentine's Day, The Runaways, and other films by the cast
4. Eclipse soundtrack, artists, and contenders
5. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn announcement
6. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse premiere
7. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse release
8. The Host movie
9. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn casting
10. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn filming
To read the entire article, click here!
I've got one more: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse DVD release! Surely with a Summer release, we will see the DVD for Eclipse arrive before the year is out, maybe even in time for Christmas?