Saturday, September 19, 2009

Vampire Diaries: It's like Twilight for TV!

So far, I've really enjoyed new series, The Vampire Diaries on the CW network. I think it has potential to really go far. It's got talented actors, and the writing works well. I don't mean to complain, but even in just the first two episodes, I've noticed similarities in the costuming, hairstyling, and camera work that makes Vampire Diaries seem more "Twilight-esque". I have high hopes for this series! It has good storylines and a strong cast. There's really no need to emulate those films, CW...

The pompadour hairdo and that "troubled" look...The classic black shirt...


Not to mention the ourdoor dance...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to try this one more time:

Since Deb refuses to believe me, I will post pictures and let someone else decide. I see the similarities, I really do. I just want to point out that I think both are just following a long standing vampire stereotype that existed long before Twilight.

Because Angel was:

Looking all brooding with spiky hair:
http://images.buddytv.com/usrimages/usr1034442/1034442_04de28aa-a77e-485d-a7b0-fb913971c0ff-david-boreanaz01.jpg


Wearing the black "I'm dangerous" look:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/buffy/gallery/dreamdate/images/340/angel1.jpg


And proming it up with Buffy:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/sayandy/btvs/TheProm.jpg


Long before either of these was made.

That's all I'm saying.

Sorry about no hyper links. I can't get them to work right.

Anonymous said...

It should be known that The Vampire Diaries book series were actually made a looong time before Twilight.
I noticed many similarities in each book, proving that Twilight copied The Vampire Diaries.
The Brooding Sadness: Stefan.
The Golden Eyes: Shinichi & Misao.
The Werewolves: Tyler Smallwood.
The Red Eyes: Other Kitsune.

Jeez, just read the book series.
Soooo much better than Twilight.