Wednesday, March 31, 2010

NEW Stephenie Meyer Book!

Yes, you heard me correctly. Stephenie Meyer has written a novella about the life of Bree, the newbie vampire who was killed by the Volturi in Eclipse. The book is about 200 pages, and Stephenie says that it was too long to be included in the guide that she is currently working on.

You will be able to buy a copy of The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner with a cool cover that will complete your set of Twilight books, but Meyer also has another surprise: she's giving it away for free online. On her website, she says:

"There was one thing I asked for: since this story had always been an extra for me, and was meant to be released with the Guide, I wanted to be able to offer it to my fans for free. You all have bought a ton of my books, and I wanted to give you this story as a gift. My publisher was awesome and embraced this idea. We still wanted to also produce a physical book with a cool cover (see below) that you can add to your set if you like, but starting at noon on June 7th until July 5th, it will also be available online at www.breetanner.com."

One dollar of each book purchased in the US (first printing), and donations made online at the book's online site will be donated to the American Red Cross for their relief efforts in Haiti and Chile and other parts of the world.

1 comment:

Heather said...

When will this be available?